Saturday, January 25, 2014

Morning Glory Smoothie

I am taking antibiotics for a minor eye infection that wasn't healing on its own with home remedies. I avoid antibiotics but I know that sometimes they are necessary. Antibiotics wreak havoc on my stomach as they kill off the good bacteria for proper digestion. When I am on antibiotics I up my probiotics, try to adhere to The Candida Diet (more on that some other time) and I eat plain yogurt.
My dear friend Mindy, a registered dietitian, helped me lose weight after having baby number one. The following recipe is adapted from one of her meal plans. In my smoothie, I add almond milk to have a thinner smoothie, Chia seeds and strawberries, when they are available. This is a satisfying breakfast for me and helps out my belly blues.



Morning Glory Smoothie 
1 c. plain fat free Greek yogurt
1/2 c. plain almond milk
1 banana
1 T almond butter
1 T chia seeds 
1/4 c. strawberries (fresh, not frozen)
1/2 c. ice

Blend and enjoy right away. 

My Vitamix makes my smoothie frothy. The chia seeds soften and expand slightly. 






No comments:

Post a Comment