Friday, January 31, 2014

Broccoli Cakes

My family goes crazy for these, especially the baby of the family. I was inspired by a recipe I found online, but the comments were not favorable as it lacked flavor. So, I decided to make a flavor-filled recipe of my own.
I found frozen organic broccoli in bulk at my local BJ's club. It's so convenient to have organic veggies anytime I need them to whip up easy veggie dishes.
Try serving as healthy appetizers along with dill Greek yogurt dip.
We never have any of these left over. Enjoy!



2 c. frozen broccoli florets
1/4 c. shredded parmesan cheese
1/3 c. panko
2 eggs
2 t. worcestershire sauce
1 t. adobo seasoning 
1 t. dried parsley
Pinch of red pepper flake (optional)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Parboil frozen broccoli for five minutes.
Drain the broccoli in a colander, rinse under cold water and roughly chop.
Mix broccoli with all other ingredients. 
Line a baking sheet with parchment. Form 10, 3-inch cakes. The cakes will not stick together well, but will form when cooked. Bake for 20 minutes, lightly golden.





No comments:

Post a Comment