Friday, January 24, 2014

Craving Crusher Spinach Cacao Smoothie

I am working on losing baby weight from my last pregnancy. I'm feeling really great already having lost 35 pounds with the help of Bikini Body Mommy (more on that in a future post). With the most stubborn last 10, give or take, pounds left to lose I know what I eat is very important to reach my goal.
Like many people, I adore dark chocolate. Over the years, I learned that I am a stress eater, wanting to reach for something sweet during those tense and exhausting times with my children.
Here's a delicious and healthy smoothie that is my go-to craving crusher. My toddler enjoys it too, so it is a win-win recipe. I think it's delicious and I hope you enjoy it as well. 

Here is my recipe:
1 1/2 c. almond milk (plain, not sweetened)
1 banana
1 T of cacao powder (not cocoa)
1 big handful, about 1 cup of raw baby spinach
1/2 c. ice



Blend and enjoy. Makes about 16 oz. 
You can add almond butter or your favorite protein powder to make this a complete meal replacement. 

Just love the frothy bubbles the Vitamix makes.




No comments:

Post a Comment