Sunday, February 9, 2014

Cauliflower Rice

Cauliflower Rice is oh-so-simple to make. With its mild taste and texture, cauliflower rice can be used in many types of recipes as an alternative to grain rice. Two of my favorite recipes I like to use cauliflower rice is in stuffed cabbage and chicken lettuce wraps.



Oh-So-Simple How To:

I used my favorite kitchen appliance, my Vitamix. If you don't have one a food processor works ( minus the water). 

Add rinsed fresh cauliflower florets in small batches into Vitamix and add cold water to almost cover. Run for a few seconds on level 7. 


Drain in a sieve. Press excess water out using the back of a spatula. 


When ready to use, heat on the stove top with or without oil, on medium heat for 5-8 minutes or until warm. Season how you like your rice. I use salt and pepper and garlic.


Sanity Saver-
Make a large batch over the weekend and use in recipes throughout the week. Store in an air tight container.


No comments:

Post a Comment