Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Rotisserie Chicken Three Ways


I love getting a bang for my buck, especially when it comes to meal planning. I was feeling a little under the weather today so my dear husband armed with a list and accompanied by the princess picked up some groceries for me. My plan, to make a few meals in advance just in case I have to be out of commission for a few days.

Rotisserie chickens are budget and meal planning friendly. I pay the same amount of money for an uncooked roaster (except for organic) as I do for a cooked, less time for me slaving in the kitchen rotisserie. Today, it cost under $6.

Here are the three dishes I made with one rotisserie from my local club store. It yielded approximately five cups of shredded chicken.

Meal One- Chicken Chili Soup
Meal Two- Chicken Black Rice and Bean Casserole (freezer friendly)
Meal Three- Gluten-Free Pot Pie (freezer friendly)



Chicken Chili Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment