Thursday, July 8, 2010

How To Find Baby Bargains

I took the dreaded trip today that many parents or parents-to-be make, like a right of passage, to Babies "R" Us.  I am sure many parents out there can relate to loathing the store as much as I do.  For me, it is like going to the  DMV.  Not a pretty picture, right.

The most frustrating part other than the long lines, screaming babies ( and no I don't enjoy hearing your screaming kid and I definitely won't like hearing mine) and no running AC, is that the employees do not have product knowledge.


Okay, enough of the ranting, this post is not about my nemesis that is Babies "R" Us.  After attending a baby budgeting class a few weeks ago, I learned that parents can expect on average to spend $16,000 for the first year of their baby's life.  Wow, if that doesn't make you want to guzzle a cocktail or mocktail for you pregos.

Here is my tip for you first-time parents out there to help you with all your baby shopping. It was passed down to me from an awesome mommy friend and I thought I would share it with all of you.


Now when I go shopping, I arm myself with my magic weapon, a little green book called Baby Bargains by Denise & Alan Fields.  I own the 8th edition which is jammed packed with all the tips for buying everything for baby from strollers to furniture, breast pumps to baby baths and even maternity clothes.  You name it, this book has a category to help you along.  The reviews are from parents and there is a website for updates:www.babybargains.com.

This book has been a money saver and I can't tell you how many ear folds I have made throughout the text.  The advice is very practical and you will see you do not need everything retailers claim are "must haves" for your baby registry.

Happy shopping and my regards to you unfortunate parents who are heading out to Babies "R" Us.  


No comments:

Post a Comment